Recipe by Poohbear Pam
This is a delicious variation on candied yams. The fresh cranberries add a slight tartness that cuts down on the sweetness characteristic of traditional candied yams. This recipe was taken from a bag of miniature marshmallows many years ago and I recently re-discovered it. Hope you like it as much as I do!
Top Review by mariagonz
I was looking for something different this year, more to satisfy my taste and this was great! Although I substituted approx. 3cups fresh sweet potatoes for the canned yams, the tartness of the cranberry was perfect with the fresh sweet potatoes. My family loved them and I expect to be making this treat throughout the year! Thanks, Maria
- 118.29 ml flour
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml oatmeal, uncooked
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 78.07 ml butter
- 2 (963.88 g) can yams, drained
- 473.18 ml cranberries, raw
- 354.88 ml miniature marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, sugar, oats and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Lightly toss 1 cup crumb mixture with yams and cranberries.
- Arrange in a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with marshmallows and return to oven until marshmallows are lightly browned.