This is a delicious variation on candied yams. The fresh cranberries add a slight tartness that cuts down on the sweetness characteristic of traditional candied yams. This recipe was taken from a bag of miniature marshmallows many years ago and I recently re-discovered it. Hope you like it as much as I do!
- Combine flour, sugar, oats and cinnamon.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Lightly toss 1 cup crumb mixture with yams and cranberries.
- Arrange in a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Sprinkle with marshmallows and return to oven until marshmallows are lightly browned.