Recipe by Barb G.
This sounds so good. I got the recipe out of a magazine. Haven't made it yet, plan to soon.
Top Review by Loudor
I got this out of a magazine also, several years ago. I'm diabetic so I substituted diabetic brown sugar for the honey. I made it for family thanksgiving, no one knew it was not made with real sugar. The apples added surprising flavor. Thanks for reminding me of this Barb, I plan on making it again but this year for Christmas.
- 3 lbs yams, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb granny smith apple, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1 inch wedges
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Toss all the ingredients in a large bowl to combine.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake, stirring occasionally, until yams are tender, about 1 hour.
- Increase oven to 500 degrees and bake until liquid evaporates and yams are browned, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.