- 2 lbs yams (about 6 small)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons light cream or 3 tablespoons evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil yams or sweet potatoes until just tender.
- Peel and cut length-wise into 1/2-inch slices.
- In medium skillet or electric frying pan, combine sugar, butter, cream and salt; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly.
- Add yams; turn gently until glazed and thoroughly heated.