1/4 Photos of Candied Yams, Heart Healthy
1 hr 5 mins
Small amount of margarine and orange juice give these yams lots of flavor but little fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut yams in half and boil until tender but firm (about 20 minutes).
- 2When cool enough to handle, peel and slice into 1/4-inch thickness.
- 3Combine sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and grated orange peel.
- 4Place half of the sliced yams in a medium-sized casserole dish.
- 5Sprinkle with spiced sugar mixture.
- 6Dot lightly with half the amount of margarine.
- 7Add a second layer of yams, using the rest of the ingredients in the same order as above. Add orange juice.
- 8Bake uncovered in oven preheated to 350° F for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Yams, Heart Healthy
Serving Size: 1 (188 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 223.5
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 123.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 2.4 g