1/1 Photo of Candied Yams and Apple
This is a candied yams recipe with a twist.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, slice and boil yams for about 1/2 hour.
- 2Drain and reserve 1 1/2 cups liquid. Bring liquid to a boil, add sugar, cane syrup, spices, brandy and lemon.
- 3Reduce heat and cook about 5 minutes.
- 4Add fruits and simmer another 10 minutes.
- 5Add corn starch dissolved in a little water, cook for 10 minutes.
- 6Place yams in a baking dish and poor syrup over them.
- 7Bake until bubbling.
- 8Top with marshmallows, if desired, about 5 minutes before removing from oven.
- 9Sprinkle with pecans after removing from oven.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Yams and Apple
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 572.5
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 50.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 124.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.9 g
- Sugars 42.7 g
- Protein 5.4 g