Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Southern Hands Family Dining, Collierville, Tennessee
Make and share this Candied Yams recipe from Food.com.
- 6 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 3 cups sugar (insane, I know)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Place 1 tablespoon water and all ingredients in a 6-quart Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil over high heat; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender and glazed, stirring occasionally.