Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- Put mashed yams in casserole. Mix together margarine, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, brown sugar and honey.
- Mix in yams with pineapple bits and pecans.
- Top with miniature marshmallows.
- Bake at 325 degrees until heated through and marshmallows are bubbly.
- Note: You may want to cut back on the ginger, I only used 1 teaspoon.
I have never enjoyed Candied Yams and it was assigned to me to make this Thanksgiving so of course I went straight to RecipeZaar! This recipe was fantastic, I thought the spices were so delicious in it and I doubled the whole recipe to make lots for leftovers. It turned out great and everyone loved it so much that they made me the official Candied Yam maker for Thanksgiving. :) Thanks for the help Tonkats!
I made this for Thanksgiving and my fiance loved it. He said it tastes like pie. This is the recipie I will be making from now on for the holidays!
I make this every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I always get lots of compliments. I will warn you that it might rot your teeth - it is super sweet - but oh so good!