Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Heart healthy recipes
- 3 medium yams (1 1/2 cups)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon orange peel
- 1 teaspoon soft tub margarine
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- Cut yams in half and boil until tender but firm (about 20 minutes). When cool enough to handle, peel and slice into 1/4-inch thickness.
- Combine sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and grated orange peel.
- Place half of the sliced yams in a medium-sized casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with spiced sugar mixture.
- Dot with half the amount of margarine.
- Add a second layer of yams, using the rest of the ingredients in the same order as above.
- Add orange juice.
- Bake uncovered in oven preheated to 350°F for 20 minutes.