Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this off the ADA website. I made it last Thanksgiving and it was a hit!
- 6 medium yams, broiled in skin until tender (20-30 minutes)
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- ground cloves
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 cup cold water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cool yams, peel, and slice lengthwise.
- Place yam slices in a covered baking dish. Sprinkle the raisins over the yams.
- In a separate bowl, mix the brown sugar, sugar substitute, and spices; sprinkle over the yams. Dot with margarine and add water.
- Cover baking dish and bake for 30 minutes. Remove cover then bake another 15-20 minutes.