1 hr 15 mins
The solution to those yummy leftover candied yams! I don't measure when I make candied yams so sometimes the leftovers have more liquid. If there is some liquid in the candied yams, I use that in place of some of the milk, making sure I get 1/2 cup of total liquid. If the liquid drained from the candied yams looks particularly buttery, I use it in place of some of the butter, making sure to get 1/2 cup total for the fat measurement. If there isn't much liquid I just use the measurements stated in the recipe. This makes a yummy bread!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
for dusting the pan and topping
- 2 -3 tablespoons cinnamon sugar, mixture
- 1 cup candied yams, solids
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar (Depending on how sweet the candied yams are you may want to add more sugar or use less, just to tast)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
optional spices (mix into dry ingredients if you crave a spicier yam bread or leave out)
mix in options
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Butter a loaf pan and dust with a cinnamon sugar mixture.
- 3Sift the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- 4Cream together the yams and sugar until smooth.
- 5Add butter; mix.
- 6Add eggs; mix.
- 7Add milk; mix.
- 8Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- 9Fold in nuts and/or chocolate chips if using.
- 10Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- 11Sprinkle top with more cinnamon sugar mixture.
- 12Bake for 60 minutes.
- 13Cool 10 minutes.
- 14Remove from pan to wire rack to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Yam Bread (Using Leftovers)
Serving Size: 1 (67 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.7
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 57.0 mg
- Sodium 273.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: