Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Everyone who has ever tasted this has said it is the best! Try it this holiday season!
Make and share this Candied Yam Apple Pecan Bake recipe from Food.com.
- 3 (8 ounce) cans yams
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 granny smith apples
- 2 tablespoons nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (16 ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Empty the 3 cans of yams into an 8x8 baking pan.
- Mix brown sugar in with sauce from the yams.
- Drop the butter onto the top of the yams.
- Slice apples with skin on very, very thin and remove their cores.
- Place the slices on top of the butter and yams.
- Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg over the apple slices.
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans evenly over the apples and gently mix everything together as much as possible.
- Cover all ingredients with entire bag of mimi marshmallows.
- Bake at 350 degrees until hot and marsmallow on top are melted and golden brown.
- You may increase amounts to make in larger or smaller pans.
I really liked the flavor but I would decrease the amount of nutmeg and cinnamon next time - was a little too strong for me. I loved that it smelled great in the kitchen while baking this!
I wanted to try this because of the marshmellows, and now that I have, that is the only thing I would remove. Ugh! But the recipe it self is wonderful without them. However, it is easy enough to work around them. Definately a keeper for next Christmas sans gelatin puffs!
These yams were exceptionally tasty. The only thing I did different, was leave out the nuts for some picky eaters. I think next time, though, I will put them in part of it just for me! It was a welcome additional to our traditional Thanksgiving fare.