1/1 Photo of Candied Walnut Salad
Originally from one of the American Diabetes Association cookbooks, I made changes to make it tastier. Deliciously tangy with crunchy sweetness throughout! For a healthier version, use margerine instead of butter and only 1/4 cup walnuts. Also, split the salad into 4 servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a small bowl combine butter and brown sugar. Microwave on high 30 seconds or until butter and sugar have dissolved.
- 3Toss walnuts in the butter/sugar mix. Spread on a cookie sheet and bake 15-20 minutes or until beginning to brown.
- 4In salad bowl, make the dressing by combining vinegar, oil, and mustard.
- 5Gently toss greens in dressing.
- 6Allow walnuts to cool 10-15 minutes, then toss with greens.
- 7Serve and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Easy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Easy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Walnut Salad
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.0
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 50.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
mixed baby greens