Recipe by Miss Annie
This recipe is full of flavor, and it's easy to make. Your guests will love it.
Top Review by Amberngriffinco
Super easy salad and all the ingredients I love!! It has the sweetness of pear and candied walnuts, and the tang of the bleu and pears! The balsamic vinegar also has tang!
Very nice Winter salad!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnut halves
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3⁄4 cup gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 head butter lettuce, torn (you may use any mix you prefer)
- 3 pears, cored and cubed (I use Barlett)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- pepper, freshly cracked
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small sauce pan, combine the sugar, butter and water over low heat.
- Cook until sugar is just melted.
- Pour mixture over walnuts on waxed paper to cool.
- Mix olive oil and vinegar.
- In salad bowl, toss lettuce, gorgonzola, cooled walnuts and pears with olive oil and vinegar.
- Season with cracked pepper and serve on individual salad plates.