Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
From the book, "Heart of the Palms"
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomatoes
- 8 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttered bread crumb
- Melt butter in large saucepan and saute onion.
- Add tomatoes and 6 T of the brown sugar.
- Cook slowly until the uice has been absorbed.
- Place tomatoes in a 6x10 glass baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt, remaining 2 T brown sugar and bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees until browned.