Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Southern & soulfood classic.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 3 large red apples
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat over to 350.
- Cut in half the potatoes and bring to a boil until tender (leave skins on). Cool and set aside.
- Mix brown sugar & cinnamon into small bowl.
- Remove skins from potatoes, slice 1/4" thick. Peel apples and slice 1/4" thick.
- Layer 13x9 baking pan with sliced potatoes, apples, butter pats and brown sugar & cinnamon mix. Repeat.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until bubbling brown.
This recipe was very helpful - thank you!