1/2 Photos of Candied Sweet Potatoes With Apple
1 hr 20 mins
From Light and Tasty Magazine...submitted by H. Grant. My family really enjoyed this recipe this past holiday season. Most commented they liked it because it did not have marshmallows and also loved the addition of apple. I think it would be good with a handful of dried cranberries sprinkled on top too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place sweet potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- 2Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 3In a bowl, combine the brown sugar, apple juice, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
- 4Arrange cooked sweet potatoes and apple slices in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with non-stick spray. (This is where I would add the dried cranberries too).
- 5Drizzle brown sugar mixture over the potatoes and apples.
- 6Bake, covered, at 350 degrees F, for 25 minutes.
- 7Uncover and continue baking for 20-25 minutes longer, basting occasionally with pan juices.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Sweet Potatoes With Apple
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.0
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 185.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 27.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g