Recipe by Bev
This is a great Southern-Traditional recipe that is great served with ham, pork, chicken or even Holiday meals. Very simple to prepare and so very good!
Top Review by MarieRynr
These were delicious, easy and went wonderful with the rest of my Christmas dinner. I halved it since there are only two of us and it all turned out perfectly. It tasted even better heated up the next day. Thanks Bev for a wonderful recipe!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- While butter is melting, in a small bowl combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Add sliced potatoes to melted butter and turn to coat.
- Sprinkle sugar mixture over potatoes, stir to coat.
- Cover skillet, reduce heat to low.
- Stirring occasionally, Cook for 50-60 minutes (depending on how thick you sliced your potatoes), or until potatoes are tender.