1/2 Photos of Candied Sweet Potatoes
1 hr 30 mins
Heather Beldin's Note:
These are the best sweet potatoes ever. My mother taught me how to make these and it is a tradition at our home to have them. We never have any left. You can double the batch for big family gatherings too. We do all the time. I am now getting my husbands family hooked on these wonderful potatoes.:)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil sweet potatoes till tender,drain potatoes and let cool.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3When they are cool peel them and slice them into 1/4in thick slices.
- 4Put into 13x9-inch pan.
- 5I use the disposable foil pans they so much easier to use and you just can throw it away.
- 6Slice butter into slices and put on to each slice of potatoes.
- 7Then sprinkle brown sugar all over potatoes.
- 8(more sugar the sweeter and yummier they are.) Finally put marshmallows all over potatoes.
- 9Don't be afraid to use a lot.
- 10Gives it an awesome taste and sweetness.
- 11Put in oven for a 1/2 hour.
- 12Then take out and enjoy.
- 13You can also sprinkle some nutmeg on them if you wish to before putting them in the oven.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 647.9
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 307.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 69.3 g
- Protein 3.8 g