Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
These are the best sweet potatoes ever. My mother taught me how to make these and it is a tradition at our home to have them. We never have any left. You can double the batch for big family gatherings too. We do all the time. I am now getting my husbands family hooked on these wonderful potatoes.:)
- Boil sweet potatoes till tender,drain potatoes and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- When they are cool peel them and slice them into 1/4in thick slices.
- Put into 13x9-inch pan.
- I use the disposable foil pans they so much easier to use and you just can throw it away.
- Slice butter into slices and put on to each slice of potatoes.
- Then sprinkle brown sugar all over potatoes.
- (more sugar the sweeter and yummier they are.) Finally put marshmallows all over potatoes.
- Don't be afraid to use a lot.
- Gives it an awesome taste and sweetness.
- Put in oven for a 1/2 hour.
- Then take out and enjoy.
- You can also sprinkle some nutmeg on them if you wish to before putting them in the oven.
I make this for my church special dinners at Thanksgiving and at CHRISTmas, but I sprinkle chopped pecans over the poatoes before I add the marshmallows.
This is how my nana made these, how mom made these,and how I make these :) The brown sugar is so sweet and with the butter - hmm yummy!!!! You need no other spices. This year we did not use the marshmallows and its just as good. Wanted to post a picture but they are all gone, so maybe I'll make them this weekend and snap one then. Thanks for posting this recipe it is a classic indeed.
This was really good, I stirred in the marshmellows after they melted, I liked how it looked better. This was very easy and smelled great cooking. I am not a huge fan of sweet things but my husband said this was his favorite thing I made for our Easter dinner. Thank you.