Recipe by Heather Beldin
These are the best sweet potatoes ever. My mother taught me how to make these and it is a tradition at our home to have them. We never have any left. You can double the batch for big family gatherings too. We do all the time. I am now getting my husbands family hooked on these wonderful potatoes.:)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil sweet potatoes till tender,drain potatoes and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- When they are cool peel them and slice them into 1/4in thick slices.
- Put into 13x9-inch pan.
- I use the disposable foil pans they so much easier to use and you just can throw it away.
- Slice butter into slices and put on to each slice of potatoes.
- Then sprinkle brown sugar all over potatoes.
- (more sugar the sweeter and yummier they are.) Finally put marshmallows all over potatoes.
- Don't be afraid to use a lot.
- Gives it an awesome taste and sweetness.
- Put in oven for a 1/2 hour.
- Then take out and enjoy.
- You can also sprinkle some nutmeg on them if you wish to before putting them in the oven.