Prep 35 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe on another site, putting on here for safe keeping. They really do get candied! I've made it many times.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Wash sweet potatoes but do not pare. Heat enough salted water to cover potatoes to boiling. Add potatoes. Cover and heat to boiling. Cook until tender,.
- 30 to 35 minutes; drain. Slip off skins,slice.
- Mix brown sugar, butter, water and salt in 8-inch skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly. Add sweet potato slices; stir gently until glazed and heated through.