Recipe by karen
I haven't had these in years, but it was a staple at fall holiday dinners when I was a kid. This recipe is for a large crowd, but could easily be cut down for a regular family meal.
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes, turning them over after 30 minutes. The potatoes should be taken out of the oven before they are fully cooked.
- Allow to cool until you can peel potatoes and slice in half lengthwise. Place them in a baking pan in a single layer.
- In a small saucepan, heat brown sugar and water, stirring constantly until it boils for 3 minutes. Add butter and stir until melted.
- Pour syrup over potatoes.
- Bake for 35 minutes in 325 degree oven, turning potatoes often in the syrup.