Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I haven't had these in years, but it was a staple at fall holiday dinners when I was a kid. This recipe is for a large crowd, but could easily be cut down for a regular family meal.
- Bake potatoes in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes, turning them over after 30 minutes. The potatoes should be taken out of the oven before they are fully cooked.
- Allow to cool until you can peel potatoes and slice in half lengthwise. Place them in a baking pan in a single layer.
- In a small saucepan, heat brown sugar and water, stirring constantly until it boils for 3 minutes. Add butter and stir until melted.
- Pour syrup over potatoes.
- Bake for 35 minutes in 325 degree oven, turning potatoes often in the syrup.
Delish.. Made half the recipe for DH and I. Great flavor and quick and easy. made for photo tag, sorry pic wasn't better.