1/2 Photos of Candied Sweet Potatoes
1 hr 30 mins
This recipe is a family favorite and it is the number one requested food at family gatherings. I have no idea where the recipe originally came from, but I know my Mother has been perfecting it for years. Now in our family there are two thoughts on the proper way to eat them. Some like them with butter to cut the sweetness and the others eat them plain. Your choice! Enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil sweet potatoes in skins for 15 minutes, rinse with cool water and remove skins.
- 2Mix brown sugar and water in sauce pan, and boil together for 5-minutes, stirring frequently forming a syrup.
- 3Add butter and stir until dissolved. Add salt and remove from heat.
- 4Cut sweet potatoes in quarters lengthwise with cut side down in a.
- 5greased 9"x12" baking dish.
- 6Poor syrup mixture over the sweet potatoes, cover them and bake at a 350° F oven for 60-minutes.
- 7Baste sweet potatoes with syrup in the pan.
- 8Turn them over every 10-minutes.
- 9Remove from oven.
- 10Optional: serve with or without butter.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.8
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 10.1 mg
- Sodium 188.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 39.2 g
- Protein 1.4 g