1 hr 15 mins
Mary Butterfield's Note:
Recipe courtesy George Duran
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Use 1 tablespoon of the butter to grease a 2 quart oven-proof baking dish.
- 3Peel the sweet potatoes and slice them 1/8-inch thick.
- 4Place 1/3 of the potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish. Season with salt and sprinkle over 1/3 of the pecans. Repeat 2 more times.
- 5Pour the coffee liqueur and cream over the potatoes. Spread the brown sugar evenly over the top and dot with the remaining butter.
- 6Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake until the sweet potatoes are tender when poked with a sharp knife, about 50 to 60 minutes.
- 7Remove the dish from the oven and turn on the broiler.
- 8Remove the foil and cover the sweet potatoes evenly with the marshmallows.
- 9Put the dish under the broiler until the marshmallows are lightly browned, about 1 minute. Let cool a bit before serving.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 610.3
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 59.8 mg
- Sodium 145.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 54.4 g
- Protein 4.6 g