Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe courtesy George Duran
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes
- kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup coffee-flavored liqueur (recommended ( Kahlua)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use 1 tablespoon of the butter to grease a 2 quart oven-proof baking dish.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and slice them 1/8-inch thick.
- Place 1/3 of the potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish. Season with salt and sprinkle over 1/3 of the pecans. Repeat 2 more times.
- Pour the coffee liqueur and cream over the potatoes. Spread the brown sugar evenly over the top and dot with the remaining butter.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake until the sweet potatoes are tender when poked with a sharp knife, about 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and turn on the broiler.
- Remove the foil and cover the sweet potatoes evenly with the marshmallows.
- Put the dish under the broiler until the marshmallows are lightly browned, about 1 minute. Let cool a bit before serving.