Recipe by *Alia*
These are good with the marshmallows or without. I do tend to go a little lighter on the sugar though.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch slices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 4 -5 cups mini marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Butter a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- In a medium saucepan, cover the potatoes with water; add the salt.
- Boil the potatoes until tender. Drain.
- Combine the potatoes, butter, sugar, pecans, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg and maple syrup.
- Mix well, but leave a few chunks of whole potato.
- Pour into the baking dish and bake until browned, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with mini marshmallows.
- Continue to bake until marshmallows are lightly browned and melted; do not allow to burn.