- 5 medium sweet potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Boil sweet potatoes until tender. Cool, peel and slice lengthwise. Place in a greased baking dish.
- Combine butter, both sugars and syrup in a saucepan and cook on a low heat until thick. Remove sauce from heat and add vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour sauce over sweet potatoes. Bake 1 hour.