Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are a staple at our holiday meals. These are figure friendly and no one knows it! Since Splenda is used diabetics can enjoy also. Some measurements (water, vanilla, Splenda are approximate since I cook by taste).
- 4 cups sliced sweet potatoes, about 1/4 inch (4 sweet potatoes)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mace
- 3 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular (to cover potatoes)
- Place potatoes in a non stick pan and add Splenda and water.
- Cover and let cook for about 10 minutes until potatoes begin to get tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on low until potatoes are soft.