Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
I saw George Duran make this recipe on his Thanksgiving show on Food Network. These are his amounts posted. I used fewer marshmallows and next time I'll use less cream, as I found this to be too much liquid. I do love the Kahlua flavor though.
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes
- kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup coffee-flavored liqueur (Kahlua)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) bag mini marshmallows
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Use 1 tbs. of the butter to grease a 2 quart oven-proof baking dish.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and slice them 1/8 inch thick. Place 1/3 of the potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish. Season with salt and sprinkle with 1/3 of the pecans. Repeat 2 more times.
- Pour the coffee liqueur and cream over the potatoes. Spread the brown sugar evenly over the top and dot with the remaining butter.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake until the sweet potatoes are tender when poked with a sharp knife, about 50 to 60 minutes.
- Remove the dish from the oven and turn on the broiler. Remove the foil and cover the sweet potatoes evenly with the marshmallows. Put the dish under the broiler until the marshmallows are lightly browned, about 1 minute. Let cool a bit before serving.
Sweet potatoes did not cook well. Make sure that you slice them thinly.