1/1 Photo of Candied Sweet Potatoes
Alisa Lea's Note:
I saw George Duran make this recipe on his Thanksgiving show on Food Network. These are his amounts posted. I used fewer marshmallows and next time I'll use less cream, as I found this to be too much liquid. I do love the Kahlua flavor though.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Use 1 tbs. of the butter to grease a 2 quart oven-proof baking dish.
- 2Peel the sweet potatoes and slice them 1/8 inch thick. Place 1/3 of the potatoes in the bottom of the baking dish. Season with salt and sprinkle with 1/3 of the pecans. Repeat 2 more times.
- 3Pour the coffee liqueur and cream over the potatoes. Spread the brown sugar evenly over the top and dot with the remaining butter.
- 4Cover the dish with foil and bake until the sweet potatoes are tender when poked with a sharp knife, about 50 to 60 minutes.
- 5Remove the dish from the oven and turn on the broiler. Remove the foil and cover the sweet potatoes evenly with the marshmallows. Put the dish under the broiler until the marshmallows are lightly browned, about 1 minute. Let cool a bit before serving.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (232 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 610.3
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 59.8 mg
- Sodium 145.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 92.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 54.4 g
- Protein 4.6 g