Recipe by looneytunesfan
This is the way I have always made them. The more brown sugar the better.
Top Review by CarrieQuiteContrary
I was daring and made this for the first time on Thanksgiving. It was the biggest hit! I got raves and raves... and the pecans made the dish! Thank you for sharing. I will probably be forced to bring this every year now!
- 1 (40 ounce) can sweet potatoes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain off liquid from potatoes. Cut into bite sized pieces or leave as packed.
- Dot with butter. Sprinkle brown sugar over all. Add pecans if using.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle marshmallows. Place back in oven for another 5-10 minutes.