Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Our holiday favourite
- 5 medium sweet potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar or 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cook covered in boiling water to cover until nearly tender:.
- 5 medium sweet potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Pare and cut the potatoes lengthwise in ½ inch slices. Place in a shallow greased baking dish.
- Season with: salt and paprika.
- sprinkle with:3/4 cup brown sugar or 1/3 cup maple syrup.
- (½ teaspoon grated lemon rind).
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice.
- or t1/8 teaspoon ginger.
- Dot with: 2 tablespoons butter.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes, until glazed.
Grew up eating my Mom's candied sweet potatoes and these were very close. Used the brown sugar since I didn't have any maple syrup. Also didn't have any fresh lemons on hand so used the lemon juice that comes in the little plastic squeeze bottles, hence no lemon zest either. Think I should have cooked a little longer to brown the marshmallows more.