Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This was one of the first things I ate when I first meet my mom's biological parents. I loved it so much I made her dad's wife send me the recipe!
- 6 sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups marshmallows
- Peel sweet potatoes.
- Cut into quarters.
- Place in heavy casserole.
- Pour mixture of butter, brown sugar, and orange juice over top.
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for half an hour.
- Turn potatoes after said half hour.
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for twenty minutes.
- Top with marshmallows.
- Return to oven at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately ten minutes more or until marshmallows turn brown.
This probably should have a 5 so I will have to make it again and have husband review a 2nd time. I only used 1 cup marshmallows but next time will use the right amount of 2 cups. I had to bake mine a bit longer so it could have been my oven (plus I'm use to 350, not 325). The flavor was really good but I'm not sure if I used too large of potatoes. Will definitely make it again (correctly!) Made for My 3 Chefs 08.