Recipe by mandabears
This was my father's favorite recipe. He was diabetic, but cheated on Thanksgiving with this. We make this on every holiday in his memory.
- 1 (40 ounce) can yams or 1 (40 ounce) can sweet potatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar (I use dark brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a saucepan heat brown sugar, corn syrup and margarine to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Grease 13 x 9 pan.
- Pour 1/2 syrup in pan.
- Arrange yams over syrup overlapping if needed.
- Top with remaining syrup.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- Baste frequently until well glazed.