Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Oh, so nice for Thanksgiving
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed in 1-inch
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix 1/4 c brown sugar, orange juice and 1 tsp of pumpkin spice mix in a large bowl.
- Add sweet potatoes, toss to coat.
- Transfer to a 9X13 baking dish, dot with 2 tbsp butter.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 45 min until tender.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, remaining brown sugar and 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice mix in a medium bowl.
- Cut in the remaining 2 tbsp butter with a fork, until crumbly.
- Stir in pecans and marshmallows.
- Remove casserole from oven, stir gently to coat potatoes with syrup, top with marshmallow crumb topping.
- Bake uncovered for another 7-10 min, or until potatoes are tender and topping golden brown.
THIS IS THE RIGHT WAY COOK SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE.<br/>I'm 83 A HAVE COOKED THE CASSEROLE FOR OVER 55 YEARS.<br/>YOU DON'T MASH THE POTATO,UNLESS YOU ARE MAKING A PIE!!!<br/><br/> CAROLYN
I made this recipe for Thanksgiving and everyone thought it was very good. I liked the flavor too. I used canned sweet potatoes and doubled the brown sugar, orange juice and pumpkin spice that was added to the sweet potatoes, so the casserole would have more juice to it. It was the best I had tasted.