Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I find these nuts very addicting. I really love the orange/spice combination. These don't last very long in my house, so I often have to double the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnut halves
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch of grated nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a medium size heavy skillet. Heat over medium-high heat to boiling.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until all of the liquid is evaporated and nuts are coated and sugary (approximately 5 minutes).
- Transfer to a non-stick baking sheet; break nuts apart while still warm. Let cool.
OMG! These were so easy! I did not have any oranges to zest, so I just replaced the water with good ol' oj. Even my girls, who don't like nuts, ate this "special candy" that mom made for New Year's Eve.
WOW! There is only a problem with this snack: it's too difficult to stop eating it!<br/>The recipe is very easy and in a few minutes I got delicious nuts, much better than from the shop.<br/>This is one of the recipe that need only a few mimutes work for great results.<br/>Thanks a lot for this delicious snack!
These are good. I used smaller walnut pieces, brown sugar, allspice in place of nutmeg because of it's intoxicant properties, plus the rest of the ingredients.