Recipe by Sharon123
A great little recipe adapted from Southern Living magazine. These are sweet, so you might want to reduce the sugar a little, starting at 1/3 cup.
Top Review by Bacon13
This is a great recipe! My wife ate them and she doesn't care for pumpkin seeds. I added another 8-10 minutes bake time as the seeds were not cooked enough with only 6 minutes in oven. Will make these again, definitely!
- 2 cups raw pumpkin seeds (or pecan halves)
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pumpkin seeds in a medium skillet over medium heat, stirring often, about 8-10 minutes or till puffed(don't brown). Watch closely so the don't brown. Move to a bowl.
- Combine sugar, brown sugar, paprika and salt. Set aside.
- Toss pumpkin seeds with orange juice. Stir in sugar mixture, tossing to coat. Spread in a single layer on wax paper lined jelly roll pan(or cookie sheet).
- Bake at 350*F. for 6 minutes, stirring once. Cool in pan on a wire rack 30 minutes. Store in an airtight container up to 2 days.