Candied Pumpkin Ice Cream Syrup
- In medium saucepan combine water, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil and cook until liquid has reduced by about one-quarter and a light syrup forms, about 15 minutes.
- Add pumpkin or squash, reduce heat to very low and simmer gently until the pumpkin is translucent, about 45 minutes.
- If preparing in advance remove the pumpkin from syrup with a slotted spoon and store pumpkin separately.
- When ready to serve, combine the pumpkin and syrup in a small skillet and reheat over low heat.
- Just before serving, stir in the heavy cream.
- Spoon over ice cream and serve.