Recipe by Doing it Right
I make these every once in a while when I need a salt/sweet fix. I also make them when I have left over pretzels, M&M's or chocolate. At specific holiday's I use appropriate colored M&M's and chocolate. I use different colored chocolate disks from my candy and cake shop. I know that Hobby Lobby and Michaels both carry the colored disk from Wilton. I think the disk melt up so smooth. My 4 year old son likes to help put the M&M's on. It does go much quicker with someone putting the M&M's on. I'm only giving basic amounts, you will probably have left overs of one or the other. I usually run out of the colored chocolate.
- 2 (16 ounce) bags miniature pretzel twists
- 1 lb M&M'
- 2 lbs milk chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all pretzels in a single layer on wax paper, make sure you have lots of room.
- Place about 1/2 lb. of chocolate in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring inbetween until chocolate is smooth.
- Spoon a small amount of chocolate in the center knot of each pretzel. (I do a small section of chocolate, and then I go to the next step if I don't have help).
- Immediately place a M&M on top of the chocolate.
- Let cool until chocolate is set.
- Store in an air tight container, if they last that long, very addictive.