Recipe by Barb G.
A great snack for diabetics.
Top Review by jefnel2
I don't know what chefs#1052866 and #675987 did, but I have made this recipe several times and loved it. Mine wasn't soggy, had a nice texture and crispiness. I make it often, store it in a baggy and it keeps nicely for a week or so.
- 13 cups freshly popped popcorn
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 325°F; spray an 11x13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with release foil and set aside.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, add egg white, molasses, vanilla, salt and splenda; whisk well.
- Add peanuts and stir until peanuts are coated; pour over popcorn, toss until popcorn is coated.
- Place on prepared baking pan; bake 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mix is crispy.
- Remove mix from oven and spread onto parchment or waxed paper to cool, cool to room temperature before serving, enjoy.