Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A great snack for diabetics.
- 13 cups freshly popped popcorn
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven 325°F; spray an 11x13 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with release foil and set aside.
- Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, add egg white, molasses, vanilla, salt and splenda; whisk well.
- Add peanuts and stir until peanuts are coated; pour over popcorn, toss until popcorn is coated.
- Place on prepared baking pan; bake 20 to 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until mix is crispy.
- Remove mix from oven and spread onto parchment or waxed paper to cool, cool to room temperature before serving, enjoy.
I don't know what chefs#1052866 and #675987 did, but I have made this recipe several times and loved it. Mine wasn't soggy, had a nice texture and crispiness. I make it often, store it in a baggy and it keeps nicely for a week or so.
I am giving this no stars. It is terrible. One might as well mix water and brown sugar and pour it over the popcorn. Who in the world wants to eat soggy carmel corn.
I thought this was awful.