Recipe by TLu
I got this from a regional electric cooperation. It got my interest because I am always searching for low sugar recipes as many family members are diabetic. We make it a lot during football season.
- 10 cups freshly popped natural fat-free popped popcorn
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted salted peanut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Put freshly popped corn into a large bowl.
- Set aside.
- Spray a large, shallow roasting pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine egg white, corn syrup, vanilla, salt and granular Splenda in a mixing bowl; whisk until blended.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Pour syrup mixture in prepared roasting pan.
- Bake popcorn, uncovered, for 12 minutes, stir, and bake for another 12 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, spread popcorn on waxed paper to cool.
- Store tightly covered in a cool, dry place.
- Yields 10 cups.