Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- Place pecans in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; heat in a 250¿ F.
- oven 5 minutes.
- Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat; stir in corn syrup and half the sugar.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly then boil without stirring 5 minutes.
- Pour syrup over nuts, stirring constantly to coat evenly.
- Bake in 250 F.
- oven 1 hour, stirring several times.
- Sprinkle nuts with remaining 1/4 cup sugar, tossing to coat evenly; immediately spread out on greased cookie sheets to cool.
- Quickly separate into individual pecan halves; cool.
- Store in tightly covered container.
I made these a few days ahead for a New Year's Eve party. They didn't last through the night. I had to make another batch, this time I doubledthe recipe!
This recipe is very easy to follow and turns out a premium dessert that everyone raves about. You cannot eat just one!
For a little more flavor try... 1 1/2 cups pecan halves 1 1/2 cups walnut halves 2 tablespoons unsalted sweet cream butter 1/8 cup light corn syrup 1/8 cup pure maple syrup 1/8 cup clover honey 1/4 cup light brown sugar 1/4 cup granulated sugar 2 tablespoons orange juice 1/8 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice 1/8 teaspoon allspice 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract a pinch of finely grated orange or tangerine rind, optional 6 servings 1 hour 10 minutes 10 mins prep Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees F. Spread nuts out on a 13x9x2-inch baking pan; (making sure non over lap) Heat in a 250 degrees F. oven for 5 minutes. Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat; Stir in corn syrup, maple syrup, honey, half the sugars, orange juice and spices. Bring to boil, stirring constantly then boil without stirring 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla and orange rind. Pour syrup over nuts, stirring constantly to coat evenly. Bake in 250 F. oven 1 hour, stirring several times. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray. Sprinkle nuts with remaining 1/4 cup sugar, tossing to coat evenly; immediately spread out on greased cookie sheets. Quickly separate individual halves. Let cool. Store in tightly covered container.