Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Just came across this in one of my "Boxes Of A Gazillion Recipes". I don't remember making it personally but I think my mother did.
- 453.59 g pecan halves
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 stiffly beaten egg whites
- 118.29 ml butter
- 0.25 ml salt
- 0.25 ml cinnamon or 0.25 ml nutmeg
- Toast pecans @ 225º for 15 minutes.
- Combine salt & sugar and spice into egg whites which have been stiffly beaten.
- Fold in pecans & coat well.
- Melt butter in 9 by 13 pan & spread in pecans.
- Mix pecans in butter until coated.
- Bake @ 325º for 30 minutes.
- Turn pecans in butter every 10 minutes until butter is gone.
These are easy to whip up and have a great flavor. They are sweet, but not too sweet and I love the crunchy coating on them. I made a half batch which I am glad I did because I cannot stop eating these!! Made for Photo Tag.
I had a bag of pecans laying around. I followed the recipe as written other then I used splenda for the sugar as that is all I buy. I also added more then I dash of cinnamon, probably around 1/4 teaspoon. I also didn't add the dash of salt. These were good and easy to make. I am snacking on them now!