Recipe by Annacia
Just came across this in one of my "Boxes Of A Gazillion Recipes". I don't remember making it personally but I think my mother did.
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
These are easy to whip up and have a great flavor. They are sweet, but not too sweet and I love the crunchy coating on them. I made a half batch which I am glad I did because I cannot stop eating these!! Made for Photo Tag.
- 1 lb pecan halves
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 stiffly beaten egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash cinnamon or 1 dash nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast pecans @ 225º for 15 minutes.
- Combine salt & sugar and spice into egg whites which have been stiffly beaten.
- Fold in pecans & coat well.
- Melt butter in 9 by 13 pan & spread in pecans.
- Mix pecans in butter until coated.
- Bake @ 325º for 30 minutes.
- Turn pecans in butter every 10 minutes until butter is gone.