Recipe by jeniwan
I'm always trying to come up with recipes for a family member who really loves all things orange & cream. This is a fun twist on the candy bark theme.
- 18 ounces white chocolate (chopped, or you can use chips)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup candied orange peel, chopped finely (you can make your own with Candied Orange Peel)
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a cookie sheet with foil, shiny side facing up.
- In a microwave safe container, combine the white chocolate and shortening.
- Microwave at medium (50 percent power) for 1 minute then stir. Keep microwaving then stirring for short intervals until the chocolate is melted and turns shiny.
- Add the pecans and chopped candied orange peel and stir until combined.
- Pour the mixture onto the lined cookie sheet and spread into a thin layer. Chill, then break into pieces.