Recipe by grandma2969
this is really good on the candy tray..almost the first thing gone
Top Review by Robin TL.
hi Grandma2969, me again, I made you orange peels before Christmas and they went fast....friends and DH wolfed em. I'm making a BIG batch now with orange, lemon, grapefruit, tangerine, and limes. There may be about 2lbs of peels so I just made more syrup with 1/2C local honey added to your recipe. We love these and I'd never had anything like them before...good recipe, I'm keepin this one!!!!
Thanks for posting!!!! Sending pix as soon as I get them downloaded.
Directions See How It's Made
- remove orange peel in about 1/3" strips with a sharp knife, cut into 3" lengths.put in a heavy pan and cover with cold water, bring to a boil and boil 3 minutes.
- Drain and repeat procedure three (3) times in all,discarding the water each time and replacing it with fresh -- drain peel after last boiling and set aside in a bowl.
- Rinse out the pot and combine 2 cups of sugar and syrup. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring till sugar dissolves.
- Add orange peel, turning heat to simmer and cook gently till transparent -- 30 minutes --
- Cool in syrup 45 minutes.
- lift, drain and roll in 1/2 cup granulated sugar, place on waxed paper.