1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
This recipe also works well for lemons and grapefruit. These are wonderful dipped in chocolate.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the oranges.
- 2Cut into halves and squeeze out the juice.
- 3Keep the juice and use it for something else.
- 4Place the oranges into a large saucepan and cover with cold water.
- 5Place over high heat and heat to a boil.
- 6Add cold water to cover again.
- 7Heat to a boil and drain.
- 8Repeat this process five times in all.
- 9Drain well and scoop out the pulp.
- 10Cut the oranges into 1/4 inch wide strips.
- 11Combine 1 cup of boiling water with 2 cups of the sugar.
- 12Heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- 13Stir in the orange strips.
- 14Place over medium heat and boil for about 30 minutes, until all the liquid is evaporated.
- 15Watch carefully so the peels don't scorch.
- 17Roll the strips in the remaining 2 cups of sugar.
- 18Place on waxed paper to dry.
- 19Package and store in airtight containers.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Orange Peel
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 150
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 23.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 0.0 g