Recipe by Bev
Good on ice cream or could be used to decorate the top of a cake. From Bon Appetit.
Top Review by Azuki!
When my walnuts were done cooking, I wanted them a little sweeter, so I added two more Tbsp organic maple syrup and baked and stirred again. They're like candy and I've almost eaten all of them, and they haven't even cooled yet. I'll make this recipe (with the extra syrup baked on) for my walnut-loving grandparents, package it in a Christmas tin and send it to them--Merry Christmas Grandma and Grandpa! This recipe will also be a great treat for my vegan friends.
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Line rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Combine walnuts and maple syrup in medium bowl; toss to coat.
- Spread out nuts on sheet.
- Bake until browned and dry, stirring often, about 22 minutes.
- Remove from foil.
- Coarsely chop nuts.
- Note: Can be made 3 days ahead.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.