1/2 Photos of Candied Lime Slices
Right after joining RZ, I tried & was not able to find a recipe for candied limes, but Chef Neta kindly helped me find this 1 at the Food Network website. Twice since then questions have come up about candied limes, so I thot I would post the recipe. I modified the prep slightly to make it easier & more clear. I use the slices mainly to garnish lime-based beverages, desserts or baked goods, but also cut in sml pieces to add color & flavor to trail mix or add as a sml item to add variety & color to gift baskets. There are prob many more uses that have not occurred to me. Time does not include the drying time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice limes into thin rounds, blanch in a pot of boiling water for 2 min & drain.
- 2In the same pot, combine water & 1 cup sugar. Bring to a simmer & add lime slices. Simmer for 10-15 min, till white pith of limes looks translucent (May take longer if pith is esp thick or dense).
- 3Drain & spread out on a cooling rack to dry for at least 1 hour.
- 4Put 2 tbsp sugar in shallow bowl or saucer. When limes are dry, coat both sides of the lime slices by pressing them into the sugar (May need more sugar for good coverage).
- 5Store in an airtight container & layer between parchment paper or plastic wrap till ready to use. I freeze these when I make a batch & then just take out what I need to use.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Lime Slices
Serving Size: 1 (37 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.9
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 14.1 g
- Protein 0.0 g