O.K, so I haven't made this recipe yet, but because I don't want to forget about it I placed it here for safe keeping. I love ginger cookies and haven't found a good enough recipe to compare to the ginger cookies found at Trader Joe's. But I believe after reading through the list of ingredients and method that this one might hit the mark. This one is on my Christmas cookie list. Will keep you updated when I finally get to make them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon oil (Boyajian brand oil or 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind)
- 2 tablespoons candied lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger
- coarse decorator sugar
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Use a whisk to mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and ground ginger.
- 3Cream softened butter, cream cheese and sugars together well, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Add egg and lemon oil (or 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind) and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 4Add flour mixture gradually, blending at low speed just until combined.
- 5Finely chop lemon peel and crystallized ginger and gently mix them into the dough.
- 6Chill dough until firm.
- 7Form into 1 inch balls and roll in sparking sugar until evenly coated. Place balls 2 inches apart onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- 8Bake 11-15 minutes until cookies are slightly puffed. Yield: 3 dozen cookies.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Lemon Ginger Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (843 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1126.7
- Calories from Fat 414
- Total Fat 46.0 g
- Saturated Fat 27.4 g
- Cholesterol 185.0 mg
- Sodium 565.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 168.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 103.6 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
candied lemon peel