Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
O.K, so I haven't made this recipe yet, but because I don't want to forget about it I placed it here for safe keeping. I love ginger cookies and haven't found a good enough recipe to compare to the ginger cookies found at Trader Joe's. But I believe after reading through the list of ingredients and method that this one might hit the mark. This one is on my Christmas cookie list. Will keep you updated when I finally get to make them.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon lemon oil (Boyajian brand oil or 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind)
- 2 tablespoons candied lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons crystallized ginger
- coarse decorator sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a whisk to mix together flour, baking soda, salt, and ground ginger.
- Cream softened butter, cream cheese and sugars together well, scraping sides of bowl as needed. Add egg and lemon oil (or 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind) and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add flour mixture gradually, blending at low speed just until combined.
- Finely chop lemon peel and crystallized ginger and gently mix them into the dough.
- Chill dough until firm.
- Form into 1 inch balls and roll in sparking sugar until evenly coated. Place balls 2 inches apart onto parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 11-15 minutes until cookies are slightly puffed. Yield: 3 dozen cookies.