1/1 Photo of Candied Jalapenos
Serve this over cream cheese, with crackers. add to burgers, pimento cheese.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice Jalapenos into thin slices and dice onions (I would suggest a pair of rubber gloves for handling jalapenos, personal experience, do not touch your face!).
- 2Place in pan with water and vinegar, bring to a boil, reduce heat & simmer about 2 mim. (do not breath fumes) .
- 3Pour off most of the water vinegar mixture, add the sugar and spices.
- 4Bring to soft candy temperature to completely dissolve sugar about another 10 minute
- 5Place boiling mixture into jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- 6Adjust caps.
- 7Water bath 5 min to insure a good seal.
- 8*note: if you like the peppers a little crisp, boil mixture and add peppers at the end.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candied Jalapenos
Serving Size: 1 (697 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 952.5
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 235.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 217.0 g
- Protein 6.5 g