Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Serve this over cream cheese, with crackers. add to burgers, pimento cheese.
Make and share this Candied Jalapenos recipe from Food.com.
- 4 lbs fresh jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 2 lbs onions, diced
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 -8 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds (optional)
- 1 fresh garlic clove (1 per Jar)
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- Slice Jalapenos into thin slices and dice onions (I would suggest a pair of rubber gloves for handling jalapenos, personal experience, do not touch your face!).
- Place in pan with water and vinegar, bring to a boil, reduce heat & simmer about 2 mim. (do not breath fumes) .
- Pour off most of the water vinegar mixture, add the sugar and spices.
- Bring to soft candy temperature to completely dissolve sugar about another 10 minute
- Place boiling mixture into jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Adjust caps.
- Water bath 5 min to insure a good seal.
- *note: if you like the peppers a little crisp, boil mixture and add peppers at the end.
Pretty easy to do for anybody to try. The jars make lovely little gifts to give away, and the peppers themselves are wonderfull. Great with crackers or with cheese
Made for DH's friends at work who love anything"HOT". They thought they were great. I thought they were extremely spicy. Could've just been my jalapenos. Had a bumper crop this year.
These are WONDERFUL its like you just cant eat just a couple they are habit forming. We eat them with cream cheese on chips, crackers, spread cream cheese on a serving plate and mix peppers with raspberry jelly, what a Tailgate munchie!!!