Serve this over cream cheese, with crackers. add to burgers, pimento cheese.
Make and share this Candied Jalapenos recipe from Food.com.
- Slice Jalapenos into thin slices and dice onions (I would suggest a pair of rubber gloves for handling jalapenos, personal experience, do not touch your face!).
- Place in pan with water and vinegar, bring to a boil, reduce heat & simmer about 2 mim. (do not breath fumes) .
- Pour off most of the water vinegar mixture, add the sugar and spices.
- Bring to soft candy temperature to completely dissolve sugar about another 10 minute
- Place boiling mixture into jars, leaving 1/4 inch head space.
- Adjust caps.
- Water bath 5 min to insure a good seal.
- *note: if you like the peppers a little crisp, boil mixture and add peppers at the end.