Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fell in love with this appetizer at a friends birthday party. Make sure you buy the candied jalapeno slices in a jar. I put a brand example in the recipe that is the best match.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 6 -8 flour tortillas, at room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup sliced jalapeno (candied in a jar, Texas Pepper Works brand)
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, chopped
- When chopping the green onions, do not use the white part, as it will overpower the entire recipe.
- Mix all ingredients except the tortillas in a medium bowl with a hand mixer until well blended.
- Add some candied jalapeno juice from the jar they came in to help make a creamier consistency. It makes mixing easier.
- Spread about 3 to 4 tablespoons of mixture onto a tortilla and roll tightly.
- Cut off ends of tortillas, discard.
- Slice tortilla rollup into 1/2 inch slices.
- Repeat until all tortillas are used.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
This was very yummy! I only made up 1 tortilla's worth and had it for lunch. We love candied jalapenos in cream cheese as a dip, and I saved this recipe as soon as I saw it - I KNEW it would be yummy! Thanks for posting such a delicious idea.