Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
If you like jalapenos, you'll love this dip. If you like a little fire, but not a blowtorch in your mouth, you'll love this dip. This is so addictive, my husband and I have literal started combing the city of Houston to find stores that carry candied jalapenos. It is a seasonal item, apparently, more plentiful during the holidays - but always available online! :) Just a word of warning, if you are bringing it to a party, make two (one to leave at home) and bring jars of the candied jalapenos, because everyone will want the recipe, and you might as well help their addiction along. Cook time = chill time.
- 6 ounces candied jalapeno peppers (half a 12 oz. jar)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Drain jalapeno slices, reserving liquid.
- Chop jalapeno slices.
- Mix jalapeno slices with cream cheese, adding back 1-3 T. of reserved liquid depending on the heat level you are comfortable with.
- Chill at least 30 minutes. Keep your jalapeno popping mitts off of it or you'll be sorry! :).
This is great! I've been using it as a sandwich spread instead of a dip. For example, on an English muffin with a slice of tomato for breakfast, or to spice up turkey sandwiches. Very versatile and addicting! I used a food processor on the jalapenos for a few seconds before mixing by hand with cheese.
Delicious, fast, and ridiculously easy.